I tried out this recipe. It is really good!!
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup buttermilk (I used 1 cup of milk + 1 tbsp lemon juice - let it sit for 15 minutes)
3/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 eggs, beaten lightly
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
6 tablespoons melted butter
1/3 cup raisins
1. Combine the oats and buttermilk and let stand 30 minutes.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
3. Stir the eggs into the buttermilk mixture, then add sugar, butter, and flour mixture.
4. Stir until just combined.
5. The batter will be lumpy.
6. Fold in the raisins.
Note to self: ensure that I have enough raisins for a double recipe prior to starting....below is my plan b -- stolen raisins from my Raisin Bran cereal....so much for "two scoops of raisins"
7. Spoon into a muffin tin about 2/3 full.
8. Bake at 400º F for 15 to 20 minutes.
They may look a bit brown on the edges...but they don't taste burnt...plus, they're really good.