Thursday, March 24, 2011

Is it PC to Give a Mixed Review?


My how the tables have turned. I can't help but revel in the moments of being able to guilt Giz about not posting. Giz - are you still a foodblogger? (said in a teasing, ironic tone)

Yeah...it's THAT annoying when you ask me that question too.

Actually, I should be more appreciative. Somehow I managed to receive a package labelled for Giz. Sweet! In the package was a bag full of products from President's Choice Healthy Insider Report.


I haven't tried everything yet, so I'll just talk about some of the products that I have tried, for now.

First up are the Thin Multigrain Bagels.


They certainly live up to their name in terms of thinness. I was actually surprised that I liked them, at least the first couple that I ate. I think they would be good for a brunch. It's not uncommon for us to have family brunches that include bagels, lox and cream cheese and a bunch of other options. A bagel (or even a half) in those circumstances seems like a big commitment when there are a bunch of options. But, a thin bagel or half would be a nice balance. I definitely didn't have the heavy feeling of having just eaten a bunch of carbs like I would with a traditional bagel.

Also included was a toddler meal of spaghetti in a turkey sauce. I don't have a toddler, so I gave this to a friend. I can't speak to the taste, but her son definitely liked pretending that the container was a steering wheel of a car.


I like the idea of organic meals for toddlers, with hidden vegetables (if your child is a fussy eater). I just wonder whether the amount of packaging used is necessary.

Another item in the package was a peach and mango sparkling fruit juice. Personally, I never buy this kind of stuff. So, I may not be the best person to comment on this. But, I did try one. One word: BLECH! Sorry PC - I don't get it. Do people actually like this stuff? I tasted the peach/mango flavour. But it tasted synthetic. Other than that, there was no flavour. I tried to get R to finish it (he's usually my human garburator). No dice. He didn't like it either. The rest got spilled out and now I have 3 remaining taking up room in my fridge.


Now...to end on a positive note. I quite like the Almond Vanilla Granola.


I've been pretty loyal to a small handful of cereals. But, I have found myself craving this cereal since I first opened it. In fact, I like it more on its own rather than with milk. So far, favourite item of the group.

StumbleUpon

5 comments:

Hopie said...

I think a mixed review gives more weight to the things you actually liked, like that cereal. Sounds yummy.

melodie1974 said...

I loved your post! So nice to see objective opinions. You could have chosen to not talk about what you didn't like because they sent those products for free but you didn't! Like Hopie, I think a mixed review has more weight and can really help PC change their products for the better.

I wanted Oasis's mango and something else juice a while back and made a mistake and grabed one of their fruit cocktail... Dégueulasse! I double check now.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I was sent a box of the almond vanilla granola and because it is called Omega-3 I was really hoping to like it.

kat said...

You know I only believe people's reviews if they dislike something every now & then

That Girl said...

I much prefer juice with some sparkling water to "sparkling juice"

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
Share/Bookmark