Monday, October 18, 2010

Flour Shoppe Cupcakes


Friends that love food are the best! Of course, human decency is nice too. But there's just something about being able to share food experiences with people who get excited about food.

That's how this napkin activity came about:



It all started after I kept seeing amazing posts about the Flour Shoppe (like Rachelle Eats Food's post and Le Mien's post featuring Don and Jenn from foodiePrints).

I was thrilled when I managed to convince my food-loving friend to go eat cupcakes with me, get four cupcakes that we would share and rate each one on appearance, flavour and texture.

We chose German chocolate:



Macaroon:



Carrot:



and Marshmellow Smores:



In the end, despite some original hesitation in selecting it, the carrot cupcake won!

I'm already trying to find an excuse to go back and get more cupcakes.

***************************************************************************************************
I also wanted to draw your attention to some new pages that I added. If you look just below the header images, you will see two additional pages, one for knitting and one for travelling. Please check out the pages! Suggestions on how to spruce them up are welcome!

Flour Shoppe on Urbanspoon StumbleUpon

6 comments:

cocoa and coconut said...

Cupcake reviews are fun! I'm glad you enjoyed it with your friends. I think the macaroon looks yummy

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Those are the kind of friends I love who will take one for the team and taste test every delicious thing in sight.

maggie said...

Those cupcakes look absolutely delicious, particularly the marshmallow cupcake.

Fitness Foodie said...

Love the toppings so pretty...i also like the macaroon one.

Lori Lynn said...

Oh how fun! Wish I lived near by, I would love to join you. I'm likin' that German cupcake myself!
LL

kat said...

sounds like a good excuse to eat cupcakes!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
Share/Bookmark