Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Blueberry Meyer Lemon Muffins




Bonanza this week at the supermarket. Both meyer lemons and blueberries were on sale. While shopping I remembered seeing an interesting looking lower fat muffin recipe so I picked up both ingredients, checked back in my saved file and found them again at Heather's Dish .

First time trying a recipe I generally stick to the recipe as written and I did just that. Muffins are generally pretty simple and the results usually predictable. For some reason that I'm still trying to figure out, mine didn't really resemble Heather's.

2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup yogurt
1 egg
4 Tbsp canola oil
zest of 2 Meyer lemons
1/4 cup juice from Meyer lemons
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a muffin pan or line with muffin cups. In a large bowl combine the sugar, sour cream, yogurt, egg, oil, and lemon juice. Add the dry ingredients and gently stir till just combined. Fold in the zest and the blueberries.


Scoop into a standard muffin pan, about 1/4 cup of batter per muffin cup.

Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.


The taste is really good and I didn't feel at all guilty having 1 or 2. The texture seemed heavier than I expected so I'm convinced I missed something along the way.
StumbleUpon

5 comments:

pam said...

Love the blueberry/lemon combination.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I am sure I wouldn't feel guilty having 2 either since they do have lemon and blueberries the superfood.

That Girl said...

ohhhh I'm craving blueberries. I hope they're on sale by me too!

kat said...

Lemon & blueberry, such a perfect pairing.

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

Yummy scrumptious looking muffins. Blueberries and lemon are a natural combination for good flavors.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
Share/Bookmark