Thursday, February 16, 2012

Oatmeal Cookies and the TFX Non Stick


I have for years been in love with my silpat I've used it for baking many times over and thanked France for this invention I can't even tell you how many times. Well, move over Silpat, there's a new kid in town - it's called the TFX Non-Stick.

I got very interested in the TFX Non Stick a short while ago when I visited a fellow Torontonian blog Torview Toronto . I hadn't seen this product in Canada and really needed to learn more. The distributor - Engstrom Trading out of Houston, TX was so generous to let me try out the product.



Like the Silpat, it can be reused over and over again and will withstand oven temperatures of up to 500 F. The TFX is light weight (love that feature), very pliable and can be cut to fit your pan size or can be used as is. I seriously love that feature. Big check mark for me over the Silpat. The other feature I really like is how easy it is to store - folds, rolls and tucks away really easily without taking up space. I think the clincher is price - you can buy 3 TFX sheets to one Silpat and have similar end results.



We're in California on vacation until April so I made a point of bringing the TFX with me. Cookies were on everyone's wish list so we took out the Quaker Oats cylinder and started playing around with their recipe for Oatmeal Raisin cookies (the one under the lid of the cylinder top). We added a little here, took a little away and before we knew it we had a delicious cookie, sugar reduced with a texture of a granola bar.

3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (I used King Arthur white whole wheat)
1 tsp baking soda;
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups Quaker Oats (either quick or old fashioned)
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped dates
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

1. Heat oven to 350 F. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars with beater until creamy.
2. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
3. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, mixing well.
4. Add oats, raisins, dates and walnuts; mix well.
5. Form into cookies either by dropping from a tablespoon or forming by hand.



6. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly on sheet and remove to wire rack to cool completely.

No. 1 - Cookies were brilliant - not sweet, great texture, exactly the type of cookies I love.
No. 2 - Cleanup with the TFX is a breeze - quick wipe, good to go - can it get any easier?



It's not often that I'll endorse a product with such passion - this one is a winner. It's so light weight that ordering it online is a no brainer and worth it!!! Psychgrad, you may like this one but trust me, you're not getting your hands on mine - order your own :).

StumbleUpon

4 comments:

Jane Tran said...

wow the ingredients is nice i think it taste good also. i dun wan to bake cookies im lazy all i want to do is to eat them :).

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I guess I will have to order my own as well...wink.

Torviewtoronto said...

glad you got to try the TFX I know you will not want to use anything else after this experience especially when baking :)
Mary you are so sweet :) to mention me
Have a wonderful time in California :)
this year the weather is not too bad no complains :)

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

Nice looking cookies, but I love my silpat too much to betray it with another brand :)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
Share/Bookmark