Monday, April 9, 2012

Stanley's & Sunnyside Cardigan


A couple of weekends ago, we joined some friends at Stanley's Old Maple Lane Farm. They have a sugarbush there (buffet style, with a smallish selection).  The standout for me were the farm animals.

These are just a selection of them:




Did you know that it takes 40 buckets of sap to make one bucket of syrup?  Kind of makes me feel a bit better about the high price we pay for maple syrup.  Well...sorta.




Aside from that, we spent time running after our friends' kids.  Stanley's is a great place to take kids on a nice day.  Get them sugared up with maple syrup and then let them run around.

I'm still wrapping my mind around this idea of having a little one around all of the time.  We've pretty much been limited to 3-4 hour chunks to this point.  I'm not sure that there is a way to truly prepare yourself for that.

So far, our preparations (in general) have been fairly minimal.  Basically, it has consisted of knitting and reading information online (which can be really informative or scary depending on what your search turns up).

This is probably one of my favourite knits.  I actually started it before getting pregnant, with the intention to give it to a friend.  But, now I can't part with it:



This is the Sunnyside pattern.  It's quite popular and versatile.


I promise I won't share every article of clothing that we buy...but this one is really cute.  R bought in while on a recent trip to Boston.  My favourite part is quote on the back.


StumbleUpon

4 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Love the onsie from Cheers!!!!! As for the maple syrup it is one of the things I greatly mis about living in Ontario.

Beth said...

Just wait until your preparations start to involve making lists! They will be numerous and lengthy… ;)
What a beautiful sweater – such a treasure.
Love the onesie!

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize peacocks and Turkeys were buddies!

Torviewtoronto said...

lovely post
cute clothing

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
Share/Bookmark