Friday, October 12, 2012

Honey Apple Noodle Kugel






I love Kugel .  I don't really care if it's savory or sweet but I must admit that sweet kugels are my favourite. Sweet kugels are generally made with a base of cooked wide noodles and whatever you chose to add to them as a fruit or cheese. I always make kugel around Jewish holiday time and this one was for the Jewish New Year where apples and honey are symbolic of sweet things and the sharing of them are shared wishes for a sweet year ahead. Tradition is a wonderful thing.

You seriously can't  mess this up and with minimal effort you're rewarded with something so comforting and tasty that all you can say is Life is Good.


Ingredients


    • 12 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked
    • 6 eggs
    • 1/2 cup sugar
    • 1 cup raisins
    • 1/2 cup honey
    • 1 (20 ounce) cans apple pie filling
    • 2 teaspoons lemon juice

Directions


  1. Preheat oven to 350F and lightly spray your 13 x 9 baking pan with cooking spray.
  2. Mix everything together.
  3. Bake for 1 hour.

StumbleUpon

2 comments:

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

I've never heard of these before. I have to say I am intrigured!

That Girl said...

I'm a big kugel fan too! Perfect time of year for it.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
Share/Bookmark