Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Chorizo Pesto Pasta




I can hardly believe that this is week #140 of Presto Pasta Nights . This week's host is Kait of Pots and Plots I'm amazed that the Grand Pubah, Ruth of Once Upon a Feast has been able to find the energy to keep this event going each and every week (even with help). You still have time - until Friday to submit your entry. One can never have too many pasta recipes.


Since I'm leaving to spend some time with Psychgrad and "R" and their new home, I've been working on not buying any groceries until I get back and using up everything in my fridge.
This pasta looked rather interesting so why not. OK, what's in the fridge - hmmm...some sausage, mushrooms - yup, we can do this.

Chorizo Pesto Pasta

Serves 4

2 Tbsp olive oil
1 pkg 375 g Pesto Rotini Pasta
2 links chorizo sausage (Italian would work too)
1/2 large or 1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup sliced mushrooms
red wine to deglaze (optional)
1 tin (398 ml/14oz) tomato sauce
cherry tomatoes, as desired

Heat olive oil in fry pan and add onions just until they begin to be translucent. Add garlic and stir but don't burn.
Cut up 2 links of chorizo sausage; brown with onions and garlic, add mushrooms.
Deglaze with wine, add tomato sauce and cherry tomatoes

Optional: I added a mix of dried herbs and some chili peppers.


The one thing I most appreciate about pasta is its resiliency. You can throw together anything and always (well...nearly always) end up with something. StumbleUpon

9 comments:

Ruth Daniels said...

Pasta AND chorizo...definitely the way to win my heart! Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Night and don't work too hard helping out.

How about just whipping up more pasta while they do all the work!

That Girl said...

I am SO into chorizo lately. So is my brother's girlfriend. We both order anything on the menu containing it.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Enjoy your time with the kids!!!! I am looking fior a pasta dish for dinner so this is inspirational.

FOODalogue said...

my 3 favorite words...chorizo pesto pasta.

kat said...

Yeah pasta is such a wonderful blank palette for so many flavors

Dharm said...

This looks more than interesting - it looks delicious! I love sausage and chorizo is good in my books anytime!!

Lori Lynn said...

I'm kinda tired of turkey, so this would really hit the spot right about now, a couple minutes before 7 PM, after a crazy Thanksgiving holiday!
LL

La Bella Cooks said...

This sounds amazing! I am hopelessly addicted to chorizo and this is a perfect excuse to use it!

Maria said...

Great pasta dish. I haven't paired chorizo with pasta before and this sounds delicious.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
Share/Bookmark