Thursday, June 23, 2011

Tickets to a New Cooking Show!


Hey Toronto (or anyone planning a trip to Toronto)!

There's a new show coming to the CBC (Canadian Broadcast Corporation) and it's all about food! The show's host is food personality from Montreal, Stefano Faita.


He’s one of the most popular food personalities in Quebec, with two French television shows, best- selling cookbooks, a busy cooking school and a renowned housewares store to his credit.

Stefano is going to be hosting a daily, half-hour, studio-based program every afternoon, inspired by his family's traditions and food history. Doesn't hurt that he's not too hard on the eyes either! (Just saying....)

Here's the exciting part....You can get free tickets to attend a studio taping by visiting: www.cbc.ca/inthekitchen

In each episode of the series, Stefano prepares two or more simple recipes that feed into an over-riding theme. The theme of the day will:

1) Show how to get the most out of a specific ingredient ("What can I make with this bushel of fresh tomatoes from the farmer's market?");

2) Answer a common cooking question ("When do I use fresh herbs vs dried herbs?"); or

3) Give creative ideas for feeding a family any day of the week ("What's a light pasta meal I can make before soccer practice?").

Stefano uses fresh, simple ingredients and emphasizes adding your own special touches to each dish (no food snobbery here).

The show will be interactive, giving members of the live studio audience and opportunity to join him in the kitchen. (Images of Giz rushing the stage to cook with Stefano are flashing in my head)

Here's a clip about the upcoming show from the CBC (with a lovely advertisement about colon cancer screening)

StumbleUpon

4 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Now I really wish I could extend my stay in Toronto!!!!

Mélodie said...

I didn't know that! I really love his first cookbook. I had success with everything in it. The Faita family is quite charming and loveable. I can't wait to see this show.

giz said...

I also have mental images of Giz running up to the stage

That Girl said...

I've always thought it would be fun to go to a cooking show.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
Share/Bookmark