Wednesday, September 21, 2011

#Year of the Pie2 with Tenderflake




An invitation to attend a holiday event and tweet-up at Tenderflake promises to be a treat to the senses as well as a source of inspiration. Since this event was focused on holiday entertaining and The Year of the Pie, I looked forward to making my life easier during the stressful marathon of holiday cooking and baking.



Hotdog Pinwheels, so easy, using Tenderflake puff pastry, mustard, hotdogs and cheese, a simple to prepare appetizer that even the kids will love. You can find the recipe HERE

How about some Turkey and Cranberry hand pies?



Carmelized Onion Tarts - these are my personal favourites; small bites of carmelized onion and goat cheese.


Find the recipe HERE

There's no rule that says you can't have all three together :)



Ever heard of pie fries? Sweet or savoury, both decorative and tasty;



You can find the recipe for savoury HERE and sweet with cinnamon and sugar HERE

The kitchen is set up for a demo by Gillian and Chef John Placka, after which we split up into groups and make our own pie of choice. It's apple season and who doesn't love apple pies or that heavenly smell of apple pies in the oven.























Don't pictures really say a thousand words? Seriously, you don't have to labour and worry about whether or not your pie crust will turn out; fussing over small canopes or making puff pastry from scratch. Tenderflake products are really about making your life easier with a quality product that's recognized anywhere in Canada. The power of branding!!

I loved this event. Check out Tenderflake's website for huge variety of recipes.

StumbleUpon

3 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

It's at times like this that I wish I lived in the big city, to attend these kinds of events. I do use Tenderflake.

That Girl said...

I'm certainly inspired!

grace said...

this is me at my most jealous. what a fun experience! it's left me craving a slice of mile-high apple pie. :)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
Share/Bookmark