Monday, March 12, 2012

Socks Two Ways


It has been a while since I've posted any finished knitting projects, which is odd because I've been doing a lot of knitting this winter.  I've added a link to my ravelry page on the sidebar.  If you knit or crochet (or like to look at that kind of stuff), definitely sign up.  It is probably the most comprehensive knitting site around.  Plus, you can create your own profile, keep track of your projects, stash, needles, projects in the queue, etc.  



Here are two completed projects...

Here is my first pair of socks.  I took a course at a local knitting store, Wabi Sabi.



These next ones took me forever!  I am jealous of the people who seem to bang out intricate sock designs on a weekly basis.  These were my first toe-up socks.  From these socks, I learned to make the toes wider and make sure to not knit too tightly when casting off (otherwise you won't get them past your heel).


I showed these socks to my Baba and she said, "Who has such big feet?"  Thanks Baba...


I'm probably not destined to be a regular sock knitter.  Now that I've put so much energy into making the socks I don't want to ruin them.  So, they mainly sit in my drawer.

Stay tuned for another knitting post in the near future.

StumbleUpon

8 comments:

Beth said...

“Now that I've put so much energy into making the socks I don't want to ruin them. So, they mainly sit in my drawer.”
You make me laugh! That’s exactly what I’d do - if I knit…
Great job – they look lovely, warm and cozy.

That Girl said...

Those socks look so cozy, like sweaters for your feet.

Pickles said...

They are the perfect kind of socks to come home, put on and lounge around the house in.

rented life said...

They look great!!

Hopie said...

They look good to me! Do you knit them one after the other or both at the same time? I always find things that you have to make two of frustrating because once you're done with one you still have to make the other and it invariably comes out a different size! My mom talked me into an impossible knitting project recently. If I ever get it done, I'll have to post pictures!

PG said...

Hopie - I knitted them one at a time. I'm not sure how I would do them at the same time -- aside from having double the number of needles. But, even then, I'm not sure that I would be focused enough to make sure that the row count is the same.

I just spent a fair bit of time trying to line things up so that the length matched.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Some people have a knack for knitting like my mom and sister. Somehow I missed the gene.

Torviewtoronto said...

lovely knitting
sent you an email you have won the shur-line giveaway in my site
http://createwithmom.blogspot.com/2012/02/shur-line-painting-products.html
looking forward to hear if you want it so I can tweet

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
Share/Bookmark