My wanderings on Pinterest brought me over to a new to me blogger who goes by the name of No Fear Entertaining. She talked about strawberry muffins and how good they were and of course I needed no further prompting. She described them as good, very very good and I totally agree with her. They're moist and light and so welcome with a cup of tea.
preheat oven to 375°
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt (I used Greek yogurt)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups coarsely chopped fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries
- In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, yogurt, butter and vanilla. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in strawberries.
- Fill muffin cups coated with cooking spray or lined with paper liners two-thirds full. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
I actually doubled the recipe and made a batch of regular sized muffins and some larger muffins. I think I like them better in the larger size (for obvious reasons).