Friday, December 12, 2008

One Dish Chicken Dinner


A lot of baking has been happening around the Giz household. Gifts for this one, a taste for the chef, gifts for that one, another taste for the chef, .. mmmm this one is particularly yummy, maybe two tastes. The final analysis is that the chef is on an ongoing sugar high that's making the belt buckle feel a little snug. Correction, that would be alot snug.

The new Giz has promised not to taste until she's had a healthier meal. And..no baking when hungry. So far I'm a dismal failure but this One Dish Chicken Dinner was the salvation in the midst of insanity.


Italian Dressing

1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 T fresh garlic, minced
3 T water
1/2 cup oil
1 T Mrs. Dash
1/4 t dried parsley flakes
1/4 t oregano
1/4 t dried basil
1/4 t paprika
1/4 t celery seed
1/4 t pepper

Mix all ingredients together and pour over chicken and potatoes

Roast uncovered at 350 F for approximately an hour (until chicken is done)


This is my submission to the event BloggerAid: Because We Can Help. The December 28th deadline is quickly approaching for this event. For entries, you can find the information here

The BloggerAid Forum is so happy to share that we are now represented by 14 different countries and growing. Check out the forum here . Lots of good things happening regularly with exciting things planned for the new year. Drop by often. StumbleUpon

21 comments:

alexandra's kitchen said...

quick and easy. i like it. thanks for the reminder about the 28th deadline. yikes!

giz said...

Ben - you're losing weight this time of year - I'm not even talking to you...ok? :)

Hopie said...

Ooh, I hear you on the tasting, tasting, tasting. But if you don't taste, how do you know it's fit to be given away as presents?? ;-) That chicken dinner looks sensible and delicious!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

It can't get any easier than this! Yum!

Nikki @ NikSnacks said...

I like it, too. Boy, I wish I had some chicken right now. All I have are turkey pieces. yes, I know I can sub turkey for chicken, but chicken is so much more...better...

OhioMom said...

What a nice healthy meal, reward yourself with a cookie :)


ducking and running....

Anonymous said...

I never heard of Mrs Dash. What is this?

giz said...

Maryann - Mrs. Dash is a salt free herbal mix that can be used in cooking. There are many varieties of dried herb mixes and you don't even miss the salt.

Anonymous said...

The other day I swear I ate all candy and baked goods without a square meal, I felt ill by the end of the night. This sounds delish and is what we need with the holiday insanity.

Bunny said...

I'm telling you Giz I think I have sugar instead of blood running through my veins. I need a sugar intervention! Love the chicken recipe !!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

The new Val is taking Giz's advice and trying to eat healthier and lighter meals. (Shhhhhh....but that is just so that I can pilfer more of the goodies).

Núria said...

Núria will become a new Núria after all Christmas meals and feasts! It's in my new Year's list to loose some weight and eat less than I do now :D
The chicken is the best medicine for insanity ;D

Peter M said...

Giz, nice spice combo and paprika gives chicken a wonderful colour.

Anonymous said...

i'm blowing up like a balloon but i'm still really happy you kept the skin on this chicken! there are some shortcuts we just shouldn't take if we want to eat well!

Ivy said...

Okay, I am in for a healthier lifestyle but after Christmas. The chicken sounds easy, healthy and delicious.

Adam said...

I won't even start about how I'm doing almost whatever I want until Jan food wise. Girls don't care about abs in the winter, right? :)

Nice dressing for the chicken, and thanks for reminding to not bake when I'm hungry :)

Deeba PAB said...

This chicken certainly looks finger-licking good!Live it up & enjoy...yes, have to submit for Bloggeraid & SOON. More than snug it certainly is, but how fab is the ab in light of delicious yummies? How is Ben disappearing?

That Girl said...

This looks PERFECT and easy which makes it perfect-er

grace said...

yes, baking while hungry is a grave mistake. i've learned that the hard way...over and over again. :)

Deborah said...

I'm always a fan of one dish meals, and this sounds delicious!

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog - trying the chicken tonight or tomorrow. YUMMMY! Will check out the bloggeraid but right now, Son is hollering for lunch! Vikki www.survival-cooking.blogspot.com

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
Share/Bookmark