Ivy of Kopiaste , Giz of Equal Opportunity Kitchen and Val of More Than Burnt Toast unveiled our ambitious project for our Social Network Bloggeraid to launch our cookbook. Food is our medium and taking a role in alleviating world famine is our mission. Our wish is that you will share our excitement and help make a difference to our world by joining us on this journey.
We have announced our largest fundraiser to date ever!!!! With the help of Gloria Chadwick from Cookbook Cuisine , a member of Bloggeraid , we will be publishing a cookbook with 100% of the profit from sales being directed to our chosen agency. The funds we raise will be directed to specific programs of The World Food Programme (WFP), the United Nations front line agency. The needs are great and choosing a specific effort is currently being negotiated.
Who will contribute to this cookbook?
The cookbook is targeted for sale on Amazon by November/December 2009. There is a great deal of work involved in delivering this project and we will rely on you to help in any way you can. We will keep you informed every step of the way on Bloggeraid !!!!
1) Submit ONLY ONE recipe in the format given. You will find the format to be used in the forum page of Bloggeraid. This link will take you right there!!!! You MUST use this format to make it easier for us to edit and itemize each recipe for the cookbook. Send your submission to bloggeraid(at)gmail(dot)com with your email, subject being one of the categories below. Please include your URL to your post, a photo of your dish, your email and your country of origin. When submitting your recipe, we will, of course need the actual recipe but don't post the recipe on your blog. (Only your Name, Blog Title and country will appear in the cookbook)
Choose one category:
Breakfast and Brunch
Appetizers & Hors d’oeuvres
Salads & Dressings
Soups & Stews
Candy & Cookies
Cakes & Pies
Jam & Preserves
2) It's also very important to write your recipe as a plain text Word document, with no codes or formatting and to submit your recipe as an attachment to our email address bloggeraid(at)gmail(dot)com. (The person who will typeset the recipes will thank you from the bottom of his/her heart for this). One little wayward code can throw the whole thing out of whack
3) It MUST be an ORIGINAL recipe to avoid any copyright issues. The cookbook will have an international flair so represent your country if you so wish. We are a group of bloggers from almost every country of the world!!!!
4) In one or two months you agree to receive a recipe chosen randomly to TASTE TEST for the cookbook. We will of course take in mind any allergy and vegetarian issues. To taste test a recipe would mean to verify that all measurements and instructions are accurate and that the recipe works without glitches.
5) This is critical!!!!! Do NOT post your recipe on your blog. The recipes will be unveiled in the final product where the cookbook itself will be considered the roundup. You can post a photo of your dish to create visual appeal on your own blog with a description of the final dish. The photo submitted must be clear and in living colour!!!! The deadline for entry submissions is February 12,2009.
6) Please mention this event with a link back to this post on your site as well as a link to Bloggeraid so more people will be aware of what we are trying to accomplish.
7) You DO NOT have to be a member of Bloggeraid to submit a recipe and join in.
Submit your recipes and let's get this party started!!!!
Our vision is a world which provides for and protects the welfare and human dignity of all of its people. A world in which all children can grow, learn and flourish, developing into healthy, active, caring members of society.
By submitting a recipe, I give BloggerAid permission to publish the enclosed recipe for its cookbook project understanding the proceeds of the cookbook will support the programs of the WFP. I further understand that no royalties will be awarded to me for my recipe submission. I also understand that all recipes and photos submitted will be considered but may not be published in the cookbook and I undertake that I will not publish the recipe anywhere else (blog, forum, social network, magazine, newspaper etc., before the publication of the cookbook.
All submitted recipes become the temporary property of BloggerAid and will not be returned.
*All photographs submitted will be considered but may not be included in the BloggerAid cookbook due to page limits.