Think about words that seem to have magic associated with them. You know, words like love, happiness, health (assuming it's good), cinnamon. Did I say cinnamon? It seems I did. Now think about a blogger who without cinnamon would surely shrivel and disappear. Well, it could only be Grace from A Southern Grace who is currently hosting her Cinnamon Celebration. This event closes on February 13th so you still have time to send something over. It's pretty simple - just send over something that has at least 1 tsp of cinnamon in it and trust me, she'll be so happy.
Our submission to this event is a rather interesting muffin that tastes like a donut. I found this recipe in a Canadian cookbook called Muffin Mania out of Kitchener, Ontario and written by Cathy Prange and Joan Pauli.
1 3/4 c. all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/3 c oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 c. white sugar (first amount)
3/4 c. milk
1/2 c. melted butter
3/4 c. white sugar (second amount)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line or spray muffin tins
2. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon
3. In another medium bowl thoroughly combine oil, sugar, egg and milk
4. Add liquid ingredients to dry and stir only to combine.
5. Bake at 350 F for 20-25 min.
6. Shake muffins out immediately and while hot, dip in combination of melted butter, then sugar and cinnamon.
MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm GOOOOOOD!!!!!! and it's all about the cinnamon.