Monday, January 26, 2009

Tried, Tested and True 3: Wedding Edition


Now that wedding planning is underway, I'm realizing every day just how many details go into the planning. Even a small wedding that avoids many of the traditional aspects of a wedding can be overwhelming. Perhaps one of the most complicated parts of the wedding we're planning is that at least 75% of the guests will be coming in from out of town.

We can't just expect out-of-towners to figure things out on their own. In addition to putting together "welcome baskets" for each guest, I'd like to have some activities to offer people so that they're not bored and at least one meal per day covered (e.g., dinner at my place, lunch at a restaurant).

Here's where YOU come in.

We're bringing back our Tried, Tested and True event. This time, it's Tried, Tested and True 3: Wedding Edition


What would you serve to impress for a group of approximately 20-30 people (remember this is immediate family) that can be featured on a buffet table or a sweet table?

Beginning today and ending on Friday, February 20th, we're asking you to translate your experience with parties and send along a dish that will make me look like a total domestic diva. It should be something that you know will be a big hit - something that makes people come back to the table for seconds and leaves them wanting more when the party is over. Big expecations? Nah - I have faith. You guys are all amazing cooks and bakers. I know with your help, we can swing this event and make it entirely successful. Plus, we'll know where the recipes came from and it'll make us feel like our blogging friends are right there with us.

Want to participate? Here's what you need to do:
1. Post a recipe between today and February 20th that you have not posted before.
2. Include a link to this post
3. Submit your post to triedtestedandtrue(at)live(dot)ca and label it TTT3


Include:
- Your name
- Your blog name and the URL of your post
- Sending along a picture of your dish would be extremely helpful.
Please feel free to use the wedding cake banner on your blog.

StumbleUpon

13 comments:

Bunny said...

I'm gonna have to enlist Carol's help with this one and see what we can come up with!

Ivy said...

Count me in. I will have more than one recipes to contribute.

Julia said...

This is a great idea! And by coincidence, Feb 20th is also my parents 43 (!) wedding anniversary... I'll have to come up with something especially good. If only I could remember what I cooked for their 25th....

By the way, what season is your wedding? I want to make sure it's seasonally appropriate, you know.

NĂºria said...

Count on me girls!!! It's challenging... should be something easy, quick and that can be cooked in advance... ups, and seasonal and not expensive... Am I forgetting anything? :D He, he I'll be back :D

PG said...

Julia - the wedding will be in mid-June.

Nuria - anything that works for a buffet would be great, even if it isn't super easy, quick, seasonal and inexpensive

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

There is definitely a lot to think about in planning a wedding. Why do you think I was married at the justice of the peace...wink...Actually we did plan a get together for in our home the day of which still required some planning.I will see what I can come up with. It will be fun!!

glamah16 said...

You know I will be putting this up on the DB EVENTS PAGE.

ThrtnWmsFam said...

Hubby and I had a very small wedding April 2007. We got most of the supplies (plates, cups, napkins, bubbles, etc.) from the dollar store. We made the wedding cake (french vanilla) and cupcakes (red velvet) and cookies, and served a vegetable tray, fruit tray, and nut/cheese/cracker tray. People knew our budget was only a couple hundred dollars, and didn't care. Vikki www.survival-cooking.blogspot.com

Hopie said...

I just posted my entry!!

Cindystar said...

what a nice idea to ask for suggestions and recipes...hope to participate with something pleasant for you...meanwhile, my best wishes!

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

Congratulations! I hope it all goes very smoothly. I know it is a lot of work. What a good idea to ask for ideas :)

Sunshinemom said...

Cool! Let me think of our wedding spreads here!

Ruth Strong said...

Hey, i'm just in the middle of catching up with blogs and stuff and found this! Great event idea. I'll do my best to send something your way.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
Share/Bookmark