Tuesday, February 17, 2009

BloggerAid Cookbook: Pancetta Tortiglioni


You thought I was a terrible daughter, didn't you? Here my mom, along with Ivy and Val (a.k.a. Galvy), is working hard on BloggerAid and her blogging partner daughter doesn't submit anything. What? You weren't thinking that? It's only me that is instilled with guilt for any possible disappointment of my mother. Ok. Nevermind.

Well, let me just say how relieved I am that the deadline to submit a recipe for the BloggerAid Cookbook has been extended. Not only can I restore my position as the good child (Actorboy never had a chance anyway), but more importantly, this recipe will appear in print in a cookbook that will raise money for world hunger.


The catch for providing submissions for the BloggerAid cookbook is that the recipe can't be included in the post. For the recipe (and many other excellent recipes being collected from foodbloggers around the world), you'll have to get the cookbook. The cookbook is targeted for sale on Amazon by November/December 2009.

Let me tell you a bit about my dish. This recipe came to me as I was daydreaming at work last week. It's a daily ritual: avoid work by thinking about what to make for dinner. This time I felt particularly inspired by the ingredients in my fridge. This dish, which I'll call Pancetta Tortiglioni, is versatile and packed full of flavour and vegetables. I realized while making it that it would also make for the base of a great casserole.


Since making this dish, R and I have been racing to see who gets the leftovers. Definitely something I would make regularly.


To see your recipe in print and contribute to raising money for the World Food Program, post a picture of your dish and and email your recipe in a plain text Word document along with a photo of your dish to bloggeraid(AT)gmail(DOT)com by March 31st. StumbleUpon

14 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

This looks fantastic!

Ivy said...

Psychgrad you daydream at work about what dish to prepare and I daydream that it is the year 2030 and I can grab an e-fork and have a virtual taste of your dish. Wow, when that day comes I want to be alive ;)

FOODalogue said...

Delicious...looking forward to learn what vegetables are hiding under all that pasta.

kat said...

Oh it looks tasty!

Dewi said...

Everything taste better with pancetta, doesn't it?
Cheers,
Elra

grace said...

that is some fat, deliciously-adorned pasta. and no, i never considered you a terrible daughter. :)

That Girl said...

Gorgeous pasta dish!

OhioMom said...

OMG this is definitely looking like a dish I would love to try!

Maria said...

Looks delicious. Great contribution to the cookbook. I'm excited to see how it turns out.

Pam said...

I love anything with pancetta. It looks delicious and it's for a great cause.

Anonymous said...

I'm still working on my submission, and by that I mean I'm glad the deadline is extended because I haven't had a chance to work on it yet! I gotta come up with something good and worldly....

Melissa said...

That looks wonderful PG. Glad you got to submit something after all!

Y said...

What a great idea for a fundraiser. Can it be any sort of dish, including desserts?

Hopie said...

I love the nickname "Galvy" -- brilliant idea. Also love the looks of that dish. I can't wait for this cookbook. It's going to be amazing from what I've seen so far!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
Share/Bookmark