I'm off for a vacation for a couple of weeks on Saturday. I took a look in my fridges (yes plural) and thought - what am I thinking? I actually took somewhat of an inventory and then decided that everything goes with pasta. Today's throw together which is really a clean out the fridge pasta goes to the Presto Pasta roundup. This week's roundup is a really special one. It's #100 - can you even believe it. Ruth from Once Upon a Feast and the brains behind this long running event has truly marked a right of passage with 100 weeks of Presto Pasta Nights. Ruth is also this week's event host. Wouldn't it be something to see 100 entries for this one.
Remember, get your entries in to Ruth(at4everykitchen(dot)com before next Friday.
handfull of spaghetti or linguine
2 Tbsp butter
5 or 6 sliced cremini mushrooms
1/2 red pepper cut in strips
1/2 yellow pepper cut in strips
zest of 1/2 lemon
1/4 c lemon juice
1/2 lb small shrimp
3 Tbsp chopped parsley
1. Bring water to a boil and add pasta.
2. In a saucepan melt butter and add veggies until almost at the soft stage. Add shrimp and lemon juice and cook just until shrimp becomes pink (less than 5 minutes)
3. Add pasta to saucepan and mix with shrimp and veggies. Plate and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
We were so fortunate to receive the Sisterhood Award from Val of More Than Burnt Toast , from Ivy of Kopiaste and Barb of Winos and Foodies . They say three times is a charm and I'm feeling quite charmed. Since this is a Sisterhood award, I'm wondering if I should be sending some "travelling pants" anywhere? Or...does that mean that our male bloggers can't be in the sisterhood? Thank you Val, Ivy and Barb.
The rules for recipients are:
- Put the logo on your blog or post.
- Nominate at least 10 blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude!
- Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
- Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
- Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award.
Here are the 10 picks with no explanation necessary.
1. Kat from A Good Appetite
2. Julia from Grow Eat Cook
3. Ali from Alexandra's Kitchen
4. Anna from Cookie Madness
5. Elle from Elle's New England Kitchen
6. Krysta from Evil Chef Mom
7. Maryann from Finding la Dolce Vita
8. Cakelaw from Laws of the Kitchen
9. Biscuit Pusher from The Biscuit Pusher
10. Rania from Yumeezy