I found this cookbook in the cupboard. A title like "3 Books in 1 - Appetizers, Party Food and Entertaining" offered some interest when looking to create a full meal with one book. It was a hand me down from Auntie Takeout who by virtue of her name alone, doesn't cook so why would she need a cookbook. Good for me!
I've never tried preparing a baked risotto and how fortunate that I had all the ingredients in the house.
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup finely chopped onion
1 cup arborio rice
8 cups (8 to 10 oz) spinach leaves, torn into pieces
2 cups chicken broth
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
1 1/2 cups diagonally slice asparagus
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Spray 13x9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 4 minutes or until tender. Add rice; stir to coat with oil.
3. Stir in spinach, a handful at a time, adding more as it wilts. Add broth, salt and nutmeg. Reduce heat and simmer 7 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese.
4. Transfer to prepared baking dish. Cover tightly and bake 15 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and stir in asparagus; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Cover and bake 15 minutes more or until liquid is absorbed.
Makes 6 servings.
I'm sending this recipe to Bookmarked Recipes hosted this week by our very own Psychgrad. Do I hear the bagpipes?? Oh.... I thought I did.
The roundup comes out on Mondays so get your recips in to bookmarkedrecipes (at)gmail (dot)com.
I would make this again!