Saturday, October 24, 2009

Garlic Roasted Turkey Breast


I posted recently about my short trip to Niagara Falls and a visit to Anna Olson's Ravine Restaurant. I also mentioned that I picked up a cookbook that Anna generously signed for me. Do check out Anna and Michael Olson Cook at Home So far I'm loving this cookbook. It's a compilation of recipes that you may or may not see in a restaurant setting but focuses more on the food that Anna and Michael would cook at home. What's the difference? So far most of what I've seen is lower fat without losing flavour.


I decided to try their Garlic Roasted Turkey Breast, a recipe I found to be really no fuss, a 10 minute prep and really delicious.


Ingredients

2 cups shallots, peeled
6 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 springs fresh thyme (I used sage)
1 3lb turkey breast
coarse salt and black pepper
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar

Preheat oven to 325 F. Toss shallots and garlic with olive oil and spread over the bottom of a roasting pan or baking dish.


Arrange thyme over shallots and place turkey breast on top. Rub turkey with butter and season with salt and pepper.


Roast turkey until juices run clear and an internal temperature of at least 175F is reached
Remove turkey from pan and keep warm. Skim excess fat off shallots and place pan over medium heat.

Add balsamic vinegar and cook, stirring shallots, until vinegar is absorbed. Serve turkey slice with sauce spooned on top.

StumbleUpon

5 comments:

hungryandfrozen said...

This sounds so good! I bet the shallots and garlic make the turkey super juicy. I love the simplicity of it, sounds like a great cookbook. Also I think I'm craving something garlicky now :)

grace said...

win-win--a simple preparation and a delicious result! lovely bird, giz. :)

glamah16 said...

I have been thinking of getting a turkey breats to have on hand for the week. Love the infusion of garlic.

FOODalogue said...

I really love turkey. This looks like a simple way to keep the breast juicy.

Looking forward to meeting you at the Festival.

sarımsak hapı zayıflama said...

All meals are rich in vitamin a garlic flavor and adds a natural antibiotic and he is good in my swine flu

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
Share/Bookmark