Thursday, August 5, 2010

Blueberry Cheesecake Bars


The "golden girls", i.e. my mother and her friend from Winnipeg are going to be together for a couple of weeks. Here we are planning their social activities and preparing their food in advance. If they heard me say it they would completely deny it but both of them are suckers for something sweet. I've entirely stopped telling my mother that I stick whole cakes, cut up into her freezer and mysteriously, everything seems to disappear. So today's treat for the "girls", we have Blueberry Cheesecake Bars. What I like about this recipe is that it's a cut down from a regular cheesecake and with it cut into bars, they can restrict themselves or else say "it's small, have two".






1 1/2 cups Oreo crumbs
1/2 stick melted butter - (4 Tbsp)
12 oz of light cream cheese (I used a 400 g tub)
5 Tbsp sugar
1/4 cup low fat milk
2 Tbsp cornstarch
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
3 eggs
1 1/2 cup blueberries

Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an 8x8 square baking pan with aluminum foil. Mix oreo crumbs with melted butter and press firmly into the bottom of the pan. Refrigerate until ready to use.
In a food processor or mixer, blend cream cheese, eggs, milk, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and zest until smooth. (don't overmix or you'll get cracks)
Pour the mixture into the crust and cover the top with blueberries. Bake in the oven for 35-40 min or until the center is set.
Cool completely. Lift the cheesecake out of the pan and cut into bars.



Go ahead - have two.

If you prefer, you can use graham wafer crumbs for this recipe instead of oreo. StumbleUpon

13 comments:

Mary said...

In bars and with light cream cheese? I'll have 3, please!
:)

Lori said...

Giz! I totally need to make these. THey look so delicious.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Such a lucky mom to be so spoiled!!!

RV said...

What a pretty looking bars to delight your Mom.

Happily Losin' It said...

My mouth is watering just looking at them. Here I am, making a Weight Watcher practically zero point soup - and I look at this. What do you suppose I'm craving?

cocoa and coconut said...

Oh my god, this recipe is amazing. I love the inclusion of oreo for the base :)

Following you for sure

Patsyk said...

I love this recipe! I'm marking it to bring to one of our bunko game nights... cut into pieces, it would be gone in a matter of minutes!

kat said...

A perfect way to serve cheesecake!

Lori said...

Made them, loved them, post goes up tomorrow with some blog love for you all.

Elle said...

Bet I could do that using the fresh blackberries I have on hand. Looks lucious...only two?

test it comm said...

Those look so good! What a great way to enjoy all of the blueberries at the markets these days!

Unknown said...

WOW!!! THAT LOOKS AMAZING!! I'm going to try it out myself! Thanks for sharing!

Cyndy said...

O...M...G

How wickedly delicious are these!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
Share/Bookmark