For the Canucks, Thanksgiving is now a faint memory and all that's left is the turkey carcass. BUT that's not a bad thing. We have pictures of a great meal and the makings of a warm soup. Don't throw out the carcass. It's a whole other meal.
1 turkey carcass
water to cover
1 large onion diced
2-3 carrots, diced
2 stalks celery diced
3-4 cloves garlic
2-3 potatoes, diced
2-3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1. Soften onion, celery and carrots in olive oil. Add garlic
2. Add the turkey carcass and cover with water
3. Bring to a boil and turn down to simmer. Add salt and pepper.
4. Let stock simmer for the flavours to infuse the soup.
5. Add diced potatoes and adjust seasonings, simmer until potatoes are done
This is a base soup. I generally will add whatever else I have around that looks like it could make the soup bolder, i.e. leeks, barley
There's really not much you can do to this soup to mess it up.