Monday, November 3, 2008

Chorizo Parpadella in a Tomato Sauce


Thank you to Giz for carrying the blogging load for the past week or so. I've been up to my eyeballs in work. It seems that productivity in one area in life means falling behind in other areas. Here's a meal that I made a couple of weeks ago now...but have been intending to post for a while.

I got sucked into the spending pit - the Italian grocery store...again. This time, R came with me (rather than waiting for me outside). Since discovering that the buns and lunchmeat he buys at our regular grocery store pale in comparison to what you can find at the Italian grocery store, he seems to be more tolerant of the time we spend in there. Among a basket-full of things we took out of these, I picked up some fresh chorizo sausage.

UPDATE: Guess who went to the Italian store this weekend (while I've been out of town). I nearly fainted when I heard that R decided to stop in because it was "on the way" and picked up foccacia bread, buns, lunch meat and pancetta.

Chorizo Parpadella in a Tomato Sauce

1 box of parpadella
3 fresh Italian chorizo sausages
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 shallots, chopped
10 cremini mushrooms, sliced
1 can of chopped tomatoes (used a large can - maybe 600-800 grams)
chili peppers, pepper, fresh parsley, basil, oregano (to taste)
olive oil

I partially cooked the chorizo sausages whole to harden the outside of the sausage before slicing it. I'm still working on the best technique to cut sausage. I would guess that a sharper knife would make the task easier and perhaps cutting slightly frozen sausage.


After slicing the chorizo, I added it back to the pan along with garlic and shallots. A couple minutes later, I added sliced mushrooms.


Then, I added the chopped tomatoes and chili peppers.


Around that time, I starting boiling the pasta


Then, fresh herbs.


A bit of parmesan...


Easy to make, tastes good. Yummy leftovers for lunch.

This post is going to Ruth's Presto Pasta Night.

StumbleUpon

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that's hysterical he stopped, LOL! This dish looks awesome, I just love it!

Ivy said...

Next thing you'll know is R picking up things for you every day :)
The dish sounds delicious.

kat said...

Yum! I can almost smell that

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

This is perfect for PPN. It looks like Italian will be on the menu plenty with R stopping at the grocers:D

Deborah said...

This looks so delicious!

Patsyk said...

I just ate lunch, and I'm already drooling over this dish! Looks so delicious!

Susan from Food Blogga said...

I love this recipe, and I'm so glad you used parapadelle too. One of my faves.

krysta said...

i swear italian grocery stores make everything better! i love the ingredients in this dish... it must have smelled wonderful and tasted even better.

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

Oh boy, this looks delicious!

The Peanut Butter Boy said...

I can smell that chorizo cooking now! Simple and delicious recipe, you can never go wrong with a meat sauce.

Cakelaw said...

This looks delicious - fabulous rich flavours.

Adam said...

Wooo that dish looks delicious. Sausage in tomato sauce just works so well. Chorizo, kielbasa, it's all gravy baby. Er... tomato sauce :)

That Girl said...

I love the width of papperdelle. It makes everything seem more rustic!

test it comm said...

Simple and tasty! Just the way I like it.

grace said...

what a stellar meal! and by stellar, i mean beautiful and healthy and delicious, all at once. :)

Laura Paterson said...

Ooooo - ummm, this is my kind of pasta dish!!

OhioMom said...

Now this is a pasta dish my food critic would love, hearty pasta!

Proud Italian Cook said...

Love parpadelle! and "Yay" for Italian stores!!

Cakespy said...

Holy delicious! I am a big fan of chorizo. And HA! That he stopped by while you were gone!

Núria said...

Awesome pasta dish!!!!! Love the combo of ingredients :D It must have been gorgeous, mmmmmm really yummy!

Darius T. Williams said...

Ahh h- i bet this was divine! Looks great - finger licking good!

-DTW
www.everydaycookin.blogspot.com

RecipeGirl said...

Yummy. I haven't really experimented much with chorizo but I do love it when I order it in restaurants.

Ruth Daniels said...

I'm drooling over this one! THanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.

Anonymous said...

Boy do I love chorizo sausage. I might have to try this one.

Mary Bergfeld said...

This looks sooo... good. Can't wait to give it a try.

Anonymous said...

Looks... Great... Love the use of chorizo! Haven't had chorizo in such a long time.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
Share/Bookmark