Sunday, November 30, 2008

Angels


Gloria Chadwick of Cookbook Cuisine actually made me speechless with this award.



Gloria awarded Ivy of Kopiaste Val of More Than Burnt Toast and Equal Opportunity Kitchen with this distinguished award that came with the following rules:

1. The rules of this award are not to be taken lightly--which means you can't give it to someone just because they did something really sweet for you.
2. This award is to be given to bloggers that have shown they are angels by doing something humanitarian and heavenly to help others.
3. You don't have to receive the award in order to give it. Feel free to copy it and bestow it on someone who is worthy of it. If you think they're an angel, they probably are.
4. The award must be linked to a post about an organization or good cause you would like more people to be aware of.
5. The rules for this award are to be shown when giving the award.

As Ivy, Val and I embark on this journey of encouraging other bloggers to help us as we do whatever we can to not only build awareness to world famine, affecting approximately 900M worldwide (shocking isn't it) but also to encourage you to purchase the products we currently have for sale and join in with several of the upcoming surprises we have in store. On behalf of BloggerAid and the coalition of international food bloggers, it is our mission to be able to hand over a substantial cheque to the World Food Programme and know that each of us is doing the very best we can to help others.

In accordance with the rules, I would like to share this award with someone who has put an incredible amount of effort online in gaining support for a charity that has and continues to touch her life. I would gladly share this award with Barbara Harris of Winos and Foodies for her work with LIVESTRONG: The Lance Armstrong Foundation .

Barbara has long been an inspiration for me. When I say long, I mean only as long as I've known her and that really isn't much longer than a few months. Even through her own challenges, Barb knew I'm planning a trip to Australia and offered me a room in her home. How many people would do that? Recently, on her blog, Barbara relayed a wish list through a friend. I never stopped thinking about Barbara's wish list and since it's already been on her blog, I think sharing it with you will help you see why she's absolutely so deserving of this Angel award.

"I wish I could tell you I'm free of cancer.
I wish I wasn't starting more chemo tomorrow.
I wish I wasn't afraid of the side effects.
I wish I didn't have to see the fear in my children's eyes.
I wish I didn't have to hear my son say 'I feel so helpless'.
I wish Bryan didn't have to cook dinner 'cos I know he doesn't enjoy cooking.
I wish I had an appetite.
I wish I didn't have to cancel lunch in Sydney with Fatemeh.
I wish I'd been able to swim in the ocean with my sister last week when she visited.
I wish I didn't know words like Folfox and Avastin.
I wish I didn't know my CEA.
I wish I didn't have blood tests every week.
I wish I didn't have to press the button in the elevator marked Oncology.
I wish I could beat the cancer.
I wish I didn't think about my children's future which may not include me.
I wish Bryan and I will grow very old together.
I wish the will to live was enough to overcome my genetics.
I wish I will have the energy to continue blogging.
I wish you will understand when I am too sick to reply to your comments and emails.
I wish you will understand when I visit your blog and don't leave a comment.
I wish one day I could tell you I'm free of cancer."



Thank you Gloria for your recognition of the work we're doing with BloggerAid. For those who have heard a bit of the buzz and those who are visiting for the first time, please join us at The BoggerAid Forum where we can exchange ideas and information about making our world a more humane place.

Our first event and fundraiser are now in full swing. Please check here for more information and how you can help.

For those ordering angel keychains, cell phone charms and bookmarks, the date for guaranteed arrival overseas from Canada to most countries is shipping before December 8th and to the U.S. before December 15th. StumbleUpon

32 comments:

Bellini Valli said...

Barbara is such a worthy recipient of this award Giz. Excellent choice for this humanitarian award!!!

Ricki said...

Congrats, Giz, and looks like you chose an equally deserving recipient as well! :)

Ivy said...

There are tears in my eyes reading everything about Barbara, although I do not know her personally. Excellent choice Giz and let's all send her our positive energy and hope that her wishes are fulfilled.

Bunny said...

I couldn't read the whole list without crying Giz. She deserves this award and so do you,Val and Ivy and much , much more.

OhioMom said...

Another cryer here, who lost two siblings to this awful disease.

Hugs to you Giz and all those Angels out there.

glamah16 said...

Congrats you guys. You are doing a great thing for others.

Gloria Chadwick said...

Giz,

I'm one of the cryers, too. Barbara sounds like an angel and my prayer for her is radiant health.

Cakelaw said...

gratulations Giz - this is a well deserved award.

white on rice couple said...

They chose the right person for this award! Thanks for such a touching read....I'm so very moved ...

noble pig said...

When I read this on barbara's blog I was devastated, i feel for her...so nice to pass it to her.

Barbara said...

Giz I am so honoured to receive this award from you. Thank you. YOU are an angel for all you do and I'm touched you think I'm worthy. If I can encourage just one person to talk to their doctor about having the right cancer detection tests at the appropriate time then my life has meaning. Thank you from the bottam of my heart for the award and your beautiful comments and for all the support from your readers.

Núria said...

You deserve it so!!!! Congrats Giz... the three of you are doing a great job :D

I couldn't read more than 7 of Barbara's sentences... I wish there wasn't pain in the world!

Rosie said...

Congrats on your award and a worthy deserving recipient in Barbara.

Rosie x

Lori Lynn said...

Very powerful, Giz.
And to Barbara, Godspeed.

Joie de vivre said...

Congratulations. You are using your voice to better the world.

Marvin Economies Mind said...

PayPal offers a fantastic, free-to-set-up shopping cart that is great for lower volume sales. A percentage of each of your sales goes to them as fees. In addition, you can automatically take major credit card payments without setting up credit card merchant services. This saves you $300-$400 right away. However, for high volume sales you may pay less by opting for a shopping cart vendor that charges you a monthly fee rather than a percentage of your sales. http://www.infyecommercesolution.com/

said...

情趣用品,情趣,情色,成人,A片,自拍,情趣用品,情趣,色情,成人影片,色情影片,免費A片,情趣用品,情趣,成人網站,A片下載,日本AV,做愛,情趣用品,情趣,美女交友,A片,辣妹視訊,情色視訊,情趣用品,情趣,色情聊天室,聊天室,AV,成人電影,A片,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣

情色,A片,AIO,AV,日本AV,色情A片,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,A片下載,情色A片,哈啦聊天室,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,色情聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,免費視訊聊天,上班族聊天室,080中部人聊天室,視訊聊天室,視訊聊天,成人聊天室,一夜情聊天室,辣妹視訊,情色視訊,成人,成人影片,成人光碟,成人影城,自拍

情趣用品,A片,AIO,AV,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,日本AV,寄情築園小遊戲,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色文學,色情,色情遊戲,一葉情貼圖片區,色情網站,色情影片,微風成人, 嘟嘟成人網,成人,成人貼圖,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人影片,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,080視訊聊天室,視訊聊天室

情趣用品,A片,aio,av,av女優,a漫,免費a片,aio交友愛情館,a片免費看,a片下載,本土自拍,自拍,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色文學,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,色情遊戲,嘟嘟情人色網,一葉情貼圖片區,色情影片,情色網,色情網站,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人小說,成人電影

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品.情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,視訊聊天室

麻將,台灣彩卷,六合彩開獎號碼,運動彩卷,六合彩,遊戲,線上遊戲,cs online,搓麻將,矽谷麻將,明星三缺一, 橘子町,麻將大悶鍋,台客麻將,公博,game,,中華職棒,麗的線上小遊戲,國士無雙麻將,麻將館,賭博遊戲,威力彩,威力彩開獎號碼,龍龍運動網,史萊姆,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆第一個家,史萊姆好玩遊戲區,樂透彩開獎號碼,遊戲天堂,天堂,好玩遊戲,遊戲基地,無料遊戲王,好玩遊戲區,麻將遊戲,好玩遊戲區,小遊戲,電玩快打

麻將,台灣彩卷,六合彩開獎號碼,運動彩卷,六合彩,線上遊戲,矽谷麻將,明星3缺一,橘子町,麻將大悶鍋,台客麻將,公博,game,,中華職棒,麗的線上小遊戲,國士無雙麻將,麻將館,賭博遊戲,威力彩,威力彩開獎號碼,龍龍運動網,史萊姆,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆第一個家,史萊姆好玩遊戲區,樂透彩開獎號碼,遊戲天堂,好玩遊戲,遊戲基地,無料遊戲王,好玩遊戲區,麻將遊戲,好玩遊戲區,小遊戲,遊戲區,電玩快打,cs online

情趣用品,情趣,A片,AIO,AV,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色文學,色情,寄情竹園小遊戲,色情遊戲,AIO交友愛情館,色情影片,情趣內衣,情趣睡衣,性感睡衣,情趣商品,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室 ,哈啦聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,080苗栗人聊天室,080聊天室,視訊交友網,視訊

youyou said...

百家乐 轮盘 21点 德州扑克 百家乐系统 真人娱乐场 百家乐足球德州扑克 电子游戏 英格兰超级联赛 德国甲组联赛 意大利甲组联赛西班牙甲组联赛法国甲组联赛欧冠杯 英超 足球比分 足球彩票 体育彩票 即时比分 免費a片 a片 免費av 色情影片 情色 情色網 色情網站 色情 成人網成人圖片成人影片 18成人 av av女優 avav女優 情慾 走光 做愛 sex H漫 情色 情趣用品 情色 a片 a片 成人網站 成人影片 情趣用品 情趣用品アダルトアダルト アダルトサイト アダルトサイト 情趣用品

Anonymous said...

plastic mesh plastic net bags protective sleeve plastic packaging net fencing & scaffold netting windbreak fencing barrier fencing mesh debris safety netting deer mesh fencing horticultural /agriculture turf reinforcement mesh window screen pea and bean net anti bird netting bop net & filteringpallet net wrap

tank said...

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣商品,情趣商品,情趣睡衣,情趣內衣,自慰器,飛機杯,按摩棒,潤滑液,跳蛋,C型褲,C字褲,角色扮演,情趣按摩棒,AV女優,SM,充氣娃娃,自慰套,情趣用品,情趣,情趣商品,情趣精品,電動按摩棒,日本按摩棒,小S跳蛋,無線跳蛋,A片,自慰器,情趣用品,成人用品,性愛用品,

琪琪 said...

who has started the last 12 games in the absence of Yi Jianlian. "I know I've improved a ton defensively this season."
...................................................
.......

琪琪 said...

you are not our mother. She has a soft, pleasant voice, but your voice is rough, you are the wolf.
...................................................
......

琪琪 said...

If on the other hand, you need a detailed manual, the instructions are there for you to access.
...........................................................
...

酒店上班請找艾葳 said...

艾葳酒店經紀提供專業的酒店經紀,酒店上班,酒店打工、兼職、酒店相關知識等酒店相關產業服務,想加入這行業的水水們請找專業又有保障的艾葳酒店經紀公司!
艾葳酒店經紀是合法的公司、我們是不會跟水水簽任何的合約 ( 請放心 ),我們是不會強押水水辛苦工作的薪水,我們絕對不會對任何人公開水水的資料、工作環境高雅時尚,無業績壓力,無脫秀無喝酒壓力,高層次會員制客源,工作輕鬆。
一般的酒店經紀只會在水水們第一次上班和領薪水時出現而已,對水水們的上班安全一點保障都沒有!艾葳酒店經紀公司的水水們上班時全程媽咪作陪,不需擔心!只提供最優質的酒店上班環境、上班條件給水水們。

tjutrfjutrjirt said...

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣商品,情趣商品,飛機杯,充氣娃娃,自慰套,自慰,電動按摩棒,按摩棒,G點,跳蛋,潤滑液,SM道具,SM,酒店,情趣,情趣內衣,性感睡衣,角色扮演,丁字褲,吊帶襪,巨乳,18禁,美女自拍,美女自拍,免費聊天,免費視訊,一對一視訊,一對多視訊,聊天人緣,談情說愛,成人視訊,影音視訊聊天室,相片,靚辣妹群

beautyli said...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I like it

beautyli said...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . good,very good!

beautyli said...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

This article is very good,I like it !

beautyli said...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . good!good!

yoyo said...

.....................................................
i like it ,ths!

yi said...

Failure to agree with them is 'heresy'. Failure to behave properly is a 'sin'.
have lost or abandoned religion in the traditional sense by now, or have retained only a tenuous, formulaic connection, or have veered off into various unsatisfying concoctions of "spirituality"....................................

yuere said...

...............................

Share/Bookmark