Friday, December 21, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies


I had this idea that being on parental leave would give me a lot of time to clean up at home and make nice meals that were well on their way to being ready when R got home.  In reality, getting the previous night's dishes done is about the extent of my household chore productivity (yeah - we're not the type that can't go to bed with dirty dishes - sorry Giz). 

Since I often nap at the same time as Ms. E (to catch up on the previous night's insomnia), getting chores done means that I have to use the bouncer/playmat/swing/etc. to "babysit" longer than what I'd like.   

In the case of these cookies, I almost made it through completing them during naptime.  But, the last couple of trays were the most memorable.  Imagine me yelling to Ms. E from the kitchen -- "hang on sweetie -- I just have to finish putting these cookies on the tray and then I'll be right there!"  Of course, my four month old was very understanding of this, which she demonstrated by crying louder.   

If it's any consolation -- they are really tasty!  Kudos goes to R's mom for sending the recipe.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies





1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup melted margarine
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin filling (I was generous and added closer to 2 cups)
1 tsp. vanilla
3 tsps. baking powder
1 1/2 baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 bag of choc. chips
3 cups flour
Mix ingredients in order given (mixed the wet and dry ingredients separately, first and then added the dry to the wet). Drop by tsp. on greased cookie sheet. Bake 350 for 10 minutes.

I made these cookies for a playgroup I held at my house.  They were so delicious and soft.   Sometimes I find that pumpkin affects the smell and colour of a dessert more than flavour.  But, this is not the case for these cookies!

Along with the cookies, I served a small cheese platter and some fruit. 





StumbleUpon

4 comments:

Torviewtoronto said...

deliciously done cookies happy holidays

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I remember when my daughter was 3 months old and it was her first Christmas and my in laws designated the cookie baking to me. Needless to say we had no cookies that year:D

That Girl said...

If I had a nickel for every time I asked the baby to "hold on" while I tried to finish something in the kitchen I'd be rich.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I hope that 2013 is rich in experiences, filled with love and happiness and of course great food Psychgrad and Giz. Have a safe and happy New Year. Keep smiling it is contagious.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
Share/Bookmark