I visited the new area farmer's market. It's only been open for 3 weeks and totally a pleasure to shop at. The word hasn't spread too much yet and getting around and talking to the farmers is a pleasure while they still have the time to chat for a minute or so. I'm sure this market won't be a secret for long but for the time being it's not a crazy place to go to.
I found some beautiful heirloom tomatoes and the fragrance was fantastic. I decided to make a small salad of them combined with cucumbers completely without dressing. As you cut into them, they're so juicy that they actually dress the salad themselves. Absolutely mouth watering. Here are some of the other scenes from the market.
So shopping done, decision made about the tomatoes - now what for the main course. In the category of easy and good for you, I decided to combine the tomato salad with some mild tasting Tilapia. The prep on this fish dish was literally minutes and the result was terrific.
4 Tilapia fillets
1 tsp minced garlic
Juice of 1/2 large lemon
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Pepper (to taste)
1. Spray non stick spray in an oven proof dish that holds 4 fillets. Set oven temperature to 400 F.
2. Wash filets and dry well with a paper towel.
3. In a small dish mix together the remaining ingredients.
4. Place filets in prepared dish and pour prepared dressing over top.
5. Bake filets in oven for approximately 20 minutes uncovered.