Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Guacamole


Thank you to everyone who gave suggestions on this post. I ended up making a chicken in wine sauce and rice pilaf. Not too shabby for residence food.

****************************************************

Guacamole was the original reason that I bought cilantro. The Cilantro Pesto I made a couple of weeks ago was just a wise afterthought.

There were a couple of guacamole recipes that I was considering, like Jenyu's, Kristen's and Diet, Dessert & Dog's.

In the end, I went with a slight variation on Kristen from Dine and Dash's recipe. Kristen has a really nice food blog that is beautifully organized, featuring lovely pictures, feasible recipes and a fair number of give-aways. Check out her blog here.

Ingredients



3 Avacados, pitted, peeled and chopped (I used two)
2 Roma Tomatoes, seeded and chopped (I didn't seed)
Season Salt to taste
1 dash cumin (to taste)
Juice of half a lemon or lime
2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped

Take the avacado and mash with a fork to desired consistency. Add the remaining ingredients and mix together with a spoon until all the ingredients are evenly distributed. Serve with chips.



*****************************************************

Also, do note the link I've put up at the top of the sidebar that will bring you directly the Tried, Tested and True Two event post. The deadline is July 24th! Oh...and if you happened to notice a roundup of the submissions in your readers, just ignore that. I've officially cut Giz off from late night foodblogging. If you don't have a clue what I'm talking about, all the better.

*****************************************************

Travel foodblogging to resume in my next post. StumbleUpon

14 comments:

Fitness Foodie said...

I love guac! I think cilantro, lime and cumin go so well together. A great summer classic.

Peter M said...

Guac rocks! I've also made a version with mint, for those cilantro haters...quite good too!

Nic said...

Great guacamole!
I was thinking I had missed the TT2 when I saw that post go up!

NĂºria said...

Isn't guacamole one of the best sauces ever?
I also add an egg yolk and some green onion... no cilantro though.
All versions are super as long as there's avocado in there ;-)

Lore said...

Refreshhhhhhhing!!! Late night comment posting doesn't work either for me ;)

Anonymous said...

Guac is the one veggie I am really missing right now. I hope to come to my senses and give up on this "only the produce from the CSA and greenmarket" jag soon.

That Girl said...

You know how everyone has their "thing"? Guacamole is definitely mine. I have gotten into serious "wars" over it!

Anonymous said...

This is so right up my alley! Looks fantastico!

Lori said...

When I lived in Arizona I used to have my all time favorite meal. It included carne asada preperado from the local Mexican butcher, guacamole made by me and Mexican rice made by me with my Mexican boyfriend standing over my shoulder. Oh the meal was to die for. I am so salivating right now. Miss those meals!

Jessy and her dog Winnie said...

Looks great!

Proud Italian Cook said...

Theres nothing like some good gauc! but I need a margarita too!

grace said...

would i be considered strange if i peeled my avocado and ate it like an apple? i love them.

nice guac! :)

Elle said...

Looks great! I love guacamole!

test it comm said...

Nice looking guacamole! Fresh homemade guacamole is the best.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
Share/Bookmark