Monday, June 2, 2008

Sea Bass with Lemon Butter and Caper Dill Sauce



In an effort to put fish into my diet more regularly, I browsed around looking for something that might just trigger a motivational response. Then this recipe by Kevin at Closet Cooking kind of popped out at me. I had some sea bass and liked the idea of mixing lemon, dill and capers. I hate anything that has a really fishy type taste to it and this one was perfect and definitely a recipe that I would make over and over again.

Since I had this recipe bookmarked, I thought this would be a good entry for Bookmarked Recipes at Ruth's Kitchen Experiments. I only wish I had better photography skills (sigh..) and could do this dish more justice.





Ingredients:
1/2 tablespoon oil
1/2 tablespoon butter
2 sea bass or halibut fillets
salt and pepper to taste
1 shallot (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1/2 cup of white wine
2 tablespoons capers
1 tablespoon butter
1 lemon (zest and juice)
2 tablespoons dill or parsley (chopped)

Directions:
1. Heat the oil and melt the butter in a pan.
2. Season the halibut with salt and pepper.
3. Add the halibut to the pan and sear until lightly golden brown on both sides, about 3-5 minutes per side.



4. Set the sea bass or halibut aside.
5. Add the shallots to the pan and saute until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
6. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
7. Add the white wine and deglaze the pan.
8. Simmer to reduce the sauce a bit.
9. Turn off the heat and add the capers, butter, lemon and dill or parsley StumbleUpon

14 comments:

Lisa said...

Yum! Looks great! Salmon is fresh now and this looks like a nice change from the standard "baked or fried".

Rosie said...

Oh this is gorgeous - sea bass with your wonderful sauce just perfect!!

Rosie x

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I have this recipe bookmarked as well:D

Ruth Strong said...

I'm also trying to get more fish into my diet Giz, good on you for being proactive about it!!!! Looks delicious!

Thanks for submitting this to bookmarked recipes!

Anonymous said...

That Kevin he cooks all the cool stuff doesn't he! This looks fabulous!

grace said...

something about fish skin gives me the heebie-jeebies. yeah, i said heebie-jeebies. good for you for trying to eat more fish--that's something i'm struggling to do. those heebie-jeebies are hard to overcome. :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE Sea Bass! And lemon butter just makes it all that much better. MMMMMM! :)

Laura Paterson said...

That's one gorgeous piece of fish - you've made me regret not going to the fishmongers at lunchtime!

Peter M said...

That's a fine hunk o' fish and capers are a fine complement to seafood....I'm you'll make this again.

That Girl said...

I love lemon caper sauce! But always use chicken not fish

Deborah said...

I don't think I've ever had sea bass before. But I bet this would work great on other fish as well!

Elle said...

We also need to get more fish into our diet around here. I'm just not always sure what to do with it. Fantastic looking recipe! You can't miss with lemon and dill.

test it comm said...

Your sea bass with lemon, butter, caper and dill sauce looks like it turned out really well! That is one nicely pan seared piece of sea bass. Nice and golden brown.

Elly said...

i actually have this recipe bookmarked, too, and i don't even particularly like fish, lol. i'm like you, trying to get more fish into the diet. this looks great!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
Share/Bookmark