Monday, December 10, 2007


I've never been a big fish eater. Other than tuna and smoked salmon, I very rarely eat fish. I've recently discovered seafood (something my family never cooked when I was growing up) and today I made Talapia. It smelled a bit fishy, but the taste was quite good.

Here's the recipe from the Canadian Living, March, 2007


Talapia for Two


Instructions are for toster over, which I don't own.

1 tbsp light mayo
1 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, minced (I used 2)
1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper
2 talapia or catfish fillets
3 tbsp fresh bread crumps
2 tbsp. minced fresh parsley
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil

In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix together and brush on top of fillet (I used my hands).

In a bown, stir together bread crumbs, parley and oil; sprinke over mayonnaise mixture patting to adhere. Bake to 425 toaster over until topping is golden and fish flakes easily when tested, about 18 minutes. Makes two serving (I doubled it).

I used store bought breadcrumbs, but homemade breadcrumbs more that are crisp might have been nice too.

Also on the plate are potato blinzes (potatoes rolled in crepes) and Greek salad (minus the olives and onion - I'm kinda fussy).


I also tried to make a Roasted Red Pepper and Sweet Potato Soup (Canadian Living, January 2007). It wasn't that good, some it was my fault, but I tried to be pretty true to the recipe. I like recipes that still taste good even with small modifications. Like this recipe. StumbleUpon

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
Share/Bookmark