Friday, December 28, 2007

Mystiko


Went out for dinner with our neighbours tonight (this post was originally written about two weeks ago). Usually, they want to go to the same Chinese restaurant, but with the sidewalks being covered in snow, I pushed for something nearby.

A new Greek restaurant opened under new ownership. The older restaurant, although decorated in way too much dark velvet and needing a makeover, was my favourite Greek restaurant in the city.

For the most part, Mystiko has nice clean lines. Although some aspects looks like an early-mid 90s style.

Maybe it's just me being snobby...but I think that a restaurant charging $8-10 for appetizers and around 18 for a basic main course should not put prepackaged butter on the table. The bread was definitely not made in-restaurant. I ordered grilled calamari as a starter:



Bleh. Probably the low-light of the meal. The calamari was rubbery and had a spice on it that left a bad taste in my mouth.

The meal came with soup or salad...I opted for salad, which was good.



I ordered chicken souvlaki. Not as good as the old restaurant's, but decent.



Overall, I'd give it maybe a 6.5-7 out of 10...The price was too high for Greek food.

Mystiko on Urbanspoon StumbleUpon

2 comments:

Rositta said...

We're going out for Greek on the Danforth tonight (T-Dot) to a restaurant that is one of the best,in my mind. Your dinner didn't look that great! Yup, gambling can sure ruin a persons life, can't it...ciao

PG said...

mmmm...Danforth Greek. They've got some great Greek restaurants there. Hope you enjoyed it!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
Share/Bookmark