Monday, December 10, 2007

Lemon Shimp Skewers & Pasta Salad




Shrimp Skewers
marinade/pesto sauce
- blend fresh basil, parsley and oregano
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- tbsp or two of lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- olive oil (it should probably be extra virgin...but I'm cheap with my olive oil and don't really know much better)...maybe 2-3 tbsp

Marinade shrimp in pesto for a little while (hour or so)

then thread shrimp, mushrooms and grape tomatoes onto skewers (after they have been soaked for a while). The secret is to take a lemon or two (as needed) and put it between the raw shrimp as you skewer them together. You can kind of see in the picture how I did it. Even if you don't like my recipe, try the lemon trick (if you like lemon flavours). Gives the shrimp a distinctive lemony taste that is really good.

Oh yeah..minor detail...bbq skewers. Judging by how shrimp is served in restaurants, I think I like my shrimp a bit over-cooked. So I cooked the skewers for about 5-6 minutes on each side.

Pasta Salad
Very basic by most people's standards, I'm sure.

Pesto (very similar to shrimp marinade)
- same fresh herbs
- olive oil (2-3 tbsp)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese (maybe 3-4 tbsp)
- should probably use pine nuts...but I never have any

Used whole wheat rotini, mixed with marinade, added plum tomatoes and about 1/3 of an English cucumber. Refrigerate...and added feta before serving.

Both really good! StumbleUpon

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
Share/Bookmark